Over the Pond Junior Curling Exchange
WHAT IS TO PLAY FOR:
* An entry into an u-18 event in Alberta, Canada during the 2020 season
* One junior women's and one junior men's team will recieve an invitation.
WHAT YOU WILL RECIEVE:
* Entry fee to the event
* Foxglide team clothing
* Accomodation with a host family for the two teams and one coach per team.
* Training at the Saville Sports Center (National Training Facility)
* Sightseeing in and around Edmonton
HOW TO QUALIFY:
* Become the highest ranked under 17 team on the 2019-2020 Foxglide NJCT final rankings (May 2020)
* Players must be born on or after the 1st of april 2003 to qualify. (Note: we can accept one player per team who is one year older i.e. born on the 1st of April 2002 or later)
* At least three players from the highest ranked under 17 Foxglide NJCT 2019-2020 team must be part of the team that participates in Canada.
* If that team chooses not to accept the invitation or there are less than three players from the 2019-2020 Foxglide NJCT team that earned the spot, the invitation will be offered to the next team in the NJCT 2019-2020 final rankings which fulfills the conditions above.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
* Win enough points to become the highest ranking under 17 team.
* Live in either Sweden, Norway, Finland or Denmark.
* Pay for your flights.
Once the season is over you will have roughly 10 months to find sponsors, work and save money for the flights. Both Marc Kennedy and us at the NJCT believe it is important to understand the concept of hard work to reach your goals. Becoming successful at curling requires, amongst other things, planning, dedication and clear goal setting. If you show the desire and ability to fix flights, we will take care of the rest!
(Note: If there are any issues / problems regard the above criteria or the Over the Pond Junior Exchange Program, the NJCT committee and Marc Kennedy reserve the right to make any amendments and final decisions)